Best Obesity Surgery Clinics in South Korea
Being overweight and obese presents a lot of health risks such as high blood pressure, sleep apnea, heart conditions and diabetes. Thanks to obesity surgery, all these risks can be eliminated and patients are able to lose the extra weight that endangers their lives.
Bariatric or Obesity Surgery can be categorized as Restrictive, Malabsorptive or a Combination of both. Restrictive Surgeries reduce the size of the stomach which in turn decreases the amount of food it can consume. Examples of these types include Lap band Surgery (Adjustable gastric banding) and Gastric sleeve.
Meanwhile, the Malabsorptive procedures are used to remove or rearrange a part the digestive system to limit the amount of calories the body absorbs. But most obesity procedures performed are those which combine restrictive and malabsorptive surgeries: Gastric Bypass and Duodenal Switch.
Bariatric/Obesity surgery is a great option for individuals who:
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 40 or higher (equivalent to 100 lbs. for men or 80 lbs. for women)
- Have tried other means to lose weight but had unsuccessful results
- Psychologically stable to undergo surgery
- No psychotic or depressive disorder
- Have a lower BMI (bur are considered obese) and have major health concerns related to obesity, such as type 2 diabetes, cardiac disease, or severe sleep apnea
- No active drug or alcohol abuse
How much does bariatric surgery cost in South Korea?
If you have decided to go for bariatric surgery in South Korea, there are many options for you to choose from.
The packages include hospital fees, transportation assistance, pre-op (assessment, x-ray, lab exams), dietary analysis, lap band procedure, surgeon, anesthesiologist’s professional fees, accommodation for the patient and a friend with meals and usage of amenities.
Here is a compilation of the best clinics and packages for obesity surgery available in Seoul, South Korea. Search the best provider and price that suits your budget!
Benefits of Bariatric Surgery:
- Improves your weight
- Increase the quality of your health
- Great tool to lose excess weight for long term
- Resolve or improve obesity-related conditions, such as high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
- You take less and less meds to treat obesity-related conditions